Tower Bridge closure: from the junction of Tower Bridge Road and Queen Elizabeth Street on the south side, to the traffic lights by the A100 Tower Bridge Road and A1203 East Smithfield junction on the north side.
Temporary restrictions also include:
- Mermaid Court closed eastbound from Borough High Street to Tennis Street
- No left turn from Newington Causeway onto Southwark Bridge Road
- No right turn from Aldgate High Street on to Minories
There are two diversion routes in place, depending on the direction of your travel:
- Either Newington Causeway or Great Dover Street
- Borough High Street
- London Bridge
- King William Street (south of Monument junction)
- Either Eastcheap – Great Tower Street – Byward Street – Tower Hill or Fenchurch Street – Aldgate
- Mansell Street
- Tower Hill
- Byward Street
- Upper Thames Street
- Southwark Bridge
- Southwark Bridge Road
- Great Dover Street
Tower Bridge is on the boundary route for the Congestion Charging zone – vehicles crossing Tower Bridge don’t have to pay the Congestion Charge.
If you follow the signed diversion in the direction of travel shown on the road signs, you won’t have to pay the Congestion Charge. If you use another route within the Congestion Charge zone on Monday to Friday between 07:00-18:00, you’ll need to pay the Congestion Charge.
Other river crossings, both in and out of the Congestion Charge zone, will be available as normal during the works.
For more information or to pay the charge, visit our Congestion Charge pages.